Author Topic: [Opposite of OOC] Welcome to Beta-Lab C7V9 V.2.2!  (Read 14299 times)

Offline Inquisitor Dust

• Survivor
  • A Wayward Pilgrim
    • View Profile
Re: [Opposite of OOC] Welcome to Beta-Lab C7V9 V.2.2!
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2015, 02:07:12 AM »
Kris opens and closes her mouth a few times dumbly as Reggie offers her the chicken then moves on before she can respond. She blinks, then rubs her eyes. The others were all in the hall or in their room, and Kris' stomach was grumbling... Food. That was her priority. She stood awkwardly out in the hall... Reggie had had chicken, right? She walked over to the door she thought was his and knocked, waiting for an answer.

(Hoping Fura will roll to see if I GOOF and get somebody else's door or something, so don't answer yet maybe?)
Occasional browser and player.

Offline Mrnocamera

• Survivor
  • There is a lack of cameras here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2015, 04:43:26 PM »
>------C10, Officer-----Bran-----Can we get some bac---------Mechanics is hav-----failure.------What------Research is-----------Alert C11-----Do not-----use emergency------shut down.----watch-----beta----<
"...Huh?    That sounds...     Bad?     I think I messed up somewhere, or maybe it's just not- ah, screw it.    I'll just give it back to security."
Gwyn stands up, grabbing the radio and opening the door and heading towards Rin's RoomTOTALLY NOT WHERE RIN HOPEFULLY IS.
Who says that you need to be good at games, anyway?

Offline Furaotic

• Survivor
  • Version 3.5
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2015, 06:27:04 AM »
[WELCOME TO BETA-LAB]

[MIKE]

Mike picked up the PDA radio expecting a message for him, but it was a general message over the radio frequency.

>Reporting from C10, Officer Mitch Branch. Can we get some back, Mechanics is having failure. Hold on. What? Research is failing too? What the hell do you mean power is failing! Alert C11, Cadet J Vince. Do not, I repeat, do not use the emergency shut down, that's an order! Get down there and watch for Betas.<

[JEMMA]

((Quick reminder that other areas are off limits right now. Find my "IMPORTANT OOC INFO" for more information.))

Jemma flicked through her PDA to look at the options.

>Create A Message
>Read Messages
>Camera
>Flashlight
>Blueprints
>Options/Settings

>EMERGENCY ALERT (USE IN EXTREME DISTRESS)

[DUNCAN]

Duncan began to eat chicken at his desk. Nothing happened, except his desk light flickered a little bit, along with the computer, but other than that, everything was as normal as it could be in Beta-Lab.

[REGGIE]

As Reggie played his incredibly cool game, the screen flickered slightly, and then went black for a brief moment only to be taken back to the bright screen withing seconds. However, the game seemed to freeze right in the middle of bashing the skull of a Parasyt in! Then, there was a light knock on the door.

[KRIS]

Kris walked the hallway to Reggie's door. She noticed, as she walked, the holograms flicker for a brief moment. Though that didn't impede her progress for chicken! She knocked on the door lightly and waited for a reply. (going to say it was reggies because it's late and I don't want to bother. Sorry Dusty.)

[GWYN]

As Gwyn stepped out of her room, the Radio dramatically changed from muffled chatter to static.

#79BAEC
"Elle get under the bed before the Nazis get you."
((YEAH, TEAMWORK, YEEEEEEAAAAAAH [guitar riff]))

Offline wilson7755

• Survivor
  • Hey nerds!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2015, 01:49:01 PM »
Mike puts away the PDA and grabs his Armor, he puts it on. He heads over to Mechanics.
Endlessly causing shenanigans.

Offline Jakers

• Survivor
  • Surviving - With Class!
    • View Profile
    • Lone - My illustrated suggestion game.
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2015, 06:32:52 PM »
"Hummm..." Jemma mumbled to herself subconsciously whilst looking through the PDA's functions. She'd decided to stay in her room and under the brightness of her computer screen - she was feeling a little tired, anyway. She could check out the PDA's stuff later... er... she could barely read it, anyway.

Digging up a few games through her drawers, Jemma decided to procrastinate. Being the eccentric person she was, she decided to challenge the AFK AI to a game of 'Pong' on her computer. Eagerly watching the screen, she pouted as the AFK AI was already beating her 3-0. Either way, it was somewhat relaxing for her to hear all the little 'beeps' and 'boops'. Better than just sitting about to her, anyway...

Offline Mrnocamera

• Survivor
  • There is a lack of cameras here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2015, 08:47:38 PM »
"...O-kaaaay.    I think this is just broken.     ...I'll give it back anyway..."   Gwyn mumbles, starting to walk off to totally not hopefully where Rin may not be.     Or just where he may be.
Who says that you need to be good at games, anyway?

Offline Hibou

• Survivor
  • Arguably dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2015, 11:28:42 PM »
((Oops, didn't notice the reply. Don't be afraid to yell at me over OOC if I don't post for a while.))

Elle holds out the jumble of parts in her arms. "This." she says, with an important air. "I wanna put this back together." She walks over to Joseph's bed and dumps the parts on it. "And I need your help."

Offline Exodus

• Survivor
  • Bat King
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2015, 11:33:46 PM »
"I did say something along the lines of I would help you didn't I?" Joseph grumbles a little bit like an old man and then sits down on the bed, arranging the parts in an order that one could only describe as being OCD as heck.

After he was done organizing he would begin to draw on a notebook how he expected the design to come together, a sort of instructions list for himself.

"So, how is your day going Elle?"

Offline Hibou

• Survivor
  • Arguably dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2015, 12:19:46 AM »
Elle's standing over Joseph, watching him draw out the design. "Uh, I've been good. Today's been quiet, and I'd normally complain about that kind of thing but, to be honest, I don't think we get enough quiet time around here." She points to one of the pieces on Joseph's diagram. "I know that one goes in from the other side." she says, pointing to another empty spot on the opposite side of the page.

Offline Exodus

• Survivor
  • Bat King
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2015, 01:25:10 AM »
Joseph draws an arrow from the one piece off to the side and then does the same, combining the two on the page. He then continues drawing out the design.

"I haven't done a lot today but I do have a gift for you and some of the others, so far I'm just calling it Joe-net."

Joseph takes a moment and sends a file to Elle's email, inside would be the Joe-net system, ready to be deployed to her PDA.
With that done Joseph would begin to assemble the machine.
"I hate night times here, everything is cramped and I always feel like something is watching me from the computer or something."

Offline Nickboom

• Survivor
  • Nickboom 2: The Return of the Nickboom
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2015, 02:09:17 AM »
Rin sort of blinks a bit realizing he nodded off for a second there. He had the amazing ability to sleep while leaning on something...which he was certainly doing. Suddenly he realized his PDA was going off. Reaching into his pocket he pulled it out and read the same message as Mike..."S-Shit, has the power ever gone out around here before?" He mutters to himself, he had a bad habit of doing that as well. Realizing that betas could possibly get out, he rushed back into his nearby room and picked up his armor putting it on. Before rushing to the area (Talent proc? I imagine the armor is fairly heavy.) to help support whatever other security guards needed his help.
"Forrest's snuggle meter is running low. Jacklyn will have to get aggressive."

Offline wilson7755

• Survivor
  • Hey nerds!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2015, 02:23:54 AM »
"I don't believe so... It may have occurred before I came here." Mike says.
Endlessly causing shenanigans.

Offline Hibou

• Survivor
  • Arguably dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2015, 03:01:22 AM »
Elle moves with Joseph, bringing the new blueprint up on her PDA and then handing parts to him or helping when things got really mechanical. "Really? I never noticed. It's not like they have windows down here." She zooms in on a particularly detailed bit of the blueprint. "You know, you really need to work on your handwriting. Is this a T or a P?" she asks, gesturing to one of the symbols on her screen.

Lorknis

« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2015, 03:05:46 AM »
After eating some delicous chicken, Duncan finally felt his creative juices flowing for the first time in awhile. His mind raced and he remembered back when he was younger of playing Cyberpunk 2077 and his favorite cybernetic: Hidden Arm Blades. They came out of the forearms and were hard to detect since they stand in the forearm's bone most of the time. He needed to fill his assigned number of blueprints this month so he set about making one for the hidden forearm blades.

[For an idea of how they looked, watch the Cyberpunk 2077 trailer.]

Offline Exodus

• Survivor
  • Bat King
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2015, 03:25:57 AM »
Joseph was happy to have Elle's mechanical assistance in projects like these. She said something about his handwriting causing him to lean over and glance at the letters.

Well, actually that is an L. My handwriting has never been so good, you should know that by now.