Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead version 0.C Cooper released. (now with translations)  (Read 90600 times)

Offline i2amroy

• Contributor
  • Survivor
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
I bet my nothing this stable build will be very unstable. So yeah, I'd like to not download it yet and wait for YKW bugs get fixed.
Psh, we learned from our past mistakes. Nobody was allowed to claim that this will be "the most stable build ever" this time, so we should be fine. :P

Offline bubbadoo14

• Survivor
  • Surviving off the grid, man.
    • View Profile
    • Utterly Mad Forums
Man this is cool, 0.C is out already! What sucks is i found out while playing that my shift key's suddenly went kaput and won't work, both of my shift keys. Sticky keys is not on or anything. This makes me unable to use about half of the keys for DDA!

EDIT: Redundency was redundent, also I corrected the capitalization and grammar while on a school computer.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 09:43:39 PM by bubbadoo14 »

Offline Wuzzy

• Survivor
    • View Profile
When will the homepage be updated?

Offline Vaylon

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
    • Vaylon's Website
I haven't kept up with development or anything like that, and perhaps this is the wrong place to ask, but why is the Windows tiles version so much better than the Windows terminal version? (I play the tiles version with tilesets turned off.) There are a number of things about the terminal version that are distracting, including screen flickers when entering/exiting certain menus that don't appear in the tiles version. Am I just doing something wrong?

Offline i2amroy

• Contributor
  • Survivor
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
It has to do with the backend windows terminal support (which is on Microsoft's head, not ours). You can fix it be downloading a better terminal in some cases, but it's mainly just a Microsoft vs. Linux type of thing.

Offline Vaylon

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
    • Vaylon's Website
Thank you for the information, i2amroy!

Offline Wayfarer

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
This game is getting better and better, and it's awesome how many have stuck at it and stayed working on it.

I'd like to make games, and would love to contribute... 'cept I don't know feck all C++ and so wouldn't have much to contribute :P

Nice one, you dudes rule.

Offline KA101

• Administrator
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
This game is getting better and better, and it's awesome how many have stuck at it and stayed working on it.

I'd like to make games, and would love to contribute... 'cept I don't know feck all C++ and so wouldn't have much to contribute :P

Nice one, you dudes rule.

Dames too, thx.  I know at least three involved in this one, another whose save-compatibility and mapgen work are still in use several versions after she'd left.

And I didn't know fuck-all* C++ when I started.  We'll help you if you're willing to learn.

*"Fuck" is an expletive, not a slur.  Feel free to use responsibly.

Offline Zireael

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Acidia and Rivet are dames, who's the third one?

Offline KA101

• Administrator
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
Acidia and Rivet are dames, who's the third one?

Huh, hadn't known re Acidia, so make that four, w00t!  Was thinking AllisonW and Aenye; regrettably they aren't around much anymore.  :-(

Offline vache

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Pretty sure acidia is male.

Offline Kryxx

• Survivor
    • View Profile

Awesome!  I've got my best survivor going in .B.   Time to upgrade, Turn on and Crank up the 5 engine APC as fast as she'll go,  Explosion-stain I can make. Then watch it in Deathcam.

Cuz it's always more fun to start over in these anyways.  Specially when you name the vehicle   "RoadKill Delivery System"

*edit*

I'm 10 minutes in and loving it. (Still need to make that X on the map though)

Chesthole tileset (the spite code use is awesome), love the marksman change, the skill up with mods too.     *Tosses cookies to everyone that coded, created, gave up ideas, tested and inspired*   
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 07:40:06 PM by Kryxx »

Quote from: dharthoorn
IP laws are one first world problem a zombie apocalypse would solve and make the world a less ugly and especially less greedy place.

Offline CosmicKobal

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Man this is cool, 0.C is out already! What sucks is i found out while playing that my shift key's suddenly went kaput and won't work, both of my shift keys. Sticky keys is not on or anything. This makes me unable to use about half of the keys for DDA!

EDIT: Redundency was redundent, also I corrected the capitalization and grammar while on a school computer.

use your CAPS key
Your freedom to say stupid S*** ends when my brain cells start committing HaraKiri.
-Me

Offline BeerBeer

• Survivor
    • View Profile
QUESTIONS!
From the changelog:
"Flu shot that actually innoculates against flu."

1) How long does the effect last? Forever? Or does the protection fade over time? Or does it expire and "turn off" just like that? *snaps fingers*
2) Does the flu shot provide 100% immunity, meaning that the player can't catch a flu even if he tried?
3) Also, on a less serious note, is there any chance of catching autism from a flu shot?
. . sanity

Offline Rivet

• Administrator
  • Survivor
  • C:DDA Developer
    • View Profile
    • Rivet's Git profile
1) How long does the effect last? Forever? Or does the protection fade over time? Or does it expire and "turn off" just like that? *snaps fingers*
2) Does the flu shot provide 100% immunity, meaning that the player can't catch a flu even if he tried?
3) Also, on a less serious note, is there any chance of catching autism from a flu shot?

1) Forever.
2) Yes, it's 100% protection from coming down with the flu ever again, but you can still catch a cold.
3) Only if your character is dumb enough to believe the anti-vaxxing conspiracy nuts. (Which is to say, no; you can't lower your INT stat that far.)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 02:01:33 AM by Rivet »
“No! I must kill the demons” she shouted
The radio said “No, Rivet. You are the demons”
And then Rivet was a zombie.