Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead version 0.C Cooper released. (now with translations)  (Read 81542 times)

Offline Chaz

• Survivor
  • Project Skybreaker
    • View Profile
    • Logis-Tech
1) How long does the effect last? Forever? Or does the protection fade over time? Or does it expire and "turn off" just like that? *snaps fingers*
2) Does the flu shot provide 100% immunity, meaning that the player can't catch a flu even if he tried?
3) Also, on a less serious note, is there any chance of catching autism from a flu shot?

1) Forever.
2) Yes, it's 100% protection from coming down with the flu ever again, but you can still catch a cold.
3) Only if your character is dumb enough to believe the anti-vaxxing conspiracy nuts. (Which is to say, no; you can't lower your INT stat that far.)

Heyoooooo! Rivet on point up in this thread. |D Hey again guys, I'm still sorta semi on hiatus? But I'm glad to see 0.C is out now! I'll definitely get some videos done with the stable version soon, promise! I may even take a peek at the Chesthole tileset, although Retrodays/BLB are still my favourites, especially because of my use of custom sprites.

Offline Namal

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
Hello, how do I install that? Can I keep my game from 0.B? Thanks !

Offline Zireael

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Yes, you can keep your 0.B game and you install it the same way you did 0.B.

Offline youtoo

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Grats guys. I am very impressed that people are keeping with this so consistently for so long. Its what 3 years now since DDA started and you guys are still adding vast numbers a features. I think this is the most active open source game programming group out there. You must love to code. I work as a DBA. The last thing I want to do after work is sit down and do technical things. I am burned out.

Anyway, what made you decide to package up another release. The experimental is typically pretty stable. I believe Kevin said having an official releae is an awful lot of work.

Offline Kevin Granade

• Administrator
  • Survivor
  • I code dead people.
    • View Profile
We need a reasonable release cadence for a few reasons.  A major one is a sync point for translations and tilesets, so that people who play in other languages or with tiles can play a recent version.  Similarly, with the number of features we're adding, we want to get stable versions out and get feedback from the 'less adventurous' parts of the community that don't play experimental verisions.
Its like a fun family cookout, except your family is burning in flames while trying to eat you. -secretfire
I'm more excited than a survivor on meth and toast'ems. -Nighthawk
The the giant wasp is slammed through the zombie brute!

Offline Treah

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
Anyone know when somone will compile out a MAC OSX version of the current build? The one on the web page is 0.A version. Unless the build instructions are pretty simple for MAC. Then I can just compile it up and if there is a good place to put it I can upload it somewhere. :)

Offline Loendal

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead version 0.C Cooper released.
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2015, 06:56:05 AM »
Hooray, it includes my tileset!

I've got lot of things that are only in 0.C, plus loads of armor and weapons what appear on your character when you wear them. Plus mutations! And lots more!

Check it out in the tileset list, or over here.

I've been using your tileset, and I like it, though I can't figure out why the normal zombies are short, squat little humanoids instead of adult sized.  That's really my only curiosity.. That and rocks are harder to see now then they were using MShock, but that's just me adjusting to the new set ;)

Offline brroleg

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
1) How long does the effect last? Forever? Or does the protection fade over time? Or does it expire and "turn off" just like that? *snaps fingers*
2) Does the flu shot provide 100% immunity, meaning that the player can't catch a flu even if he tried?
3) Also, on a less serious note, is there any chance of catching autism from a flu shot?

1) Forever.
But flu virus can mutate. Id say flu shot must protect for 1 year, and than fade out. And dont work again even if you find another flu shot, cause production of new is stoped and old protects only against old virus mutations.

Offline Rivet

• Administrator
  • Survivor
  • C:DDA Developer
    • View Profile
    • Rivet's Git profile
But flu virus can mutate. Id say flu shot must protect for 1 year, and than fade out. And dont work again even if you find another flu shot, cause production of new is stoped and old protects only against old virus mutations.

The game can get rather fidgety about tracking effects that last for such long periods of time, so it's permanent.

Also you've got to keep in mind that its reservoir population has been massively reduced, so mutations will come at a far slower rate.
“No! I must kill the demons” she shouted
The radio said “No, Rivet. You are the demons”
And then Rivet was a zombie.

Offline g0dl3ss

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
I decide to pop by and see if there was a new version, and poof, there it is.  Mad props to the devs and everyone involved.

Offline Litppunk

• Survivor
  • Hi, carefull I hear THAT guy is around here....
    • View Profile

The game can get rather fidgety about tracking effects that last for such long periods of time, so it's permanent.

Also you've got to keep in mind that its reservoir population has been massively reduced, so mutations will come at a far slower rate.

also gotta a point out that this is the FUTURE even if its is post future apocalypse. Im claiming nanites, or adapting blob, picks up the anti flu injection and learns to kill flu permanently because... no wait that doesn't make sense blob wants you to die so you become zombie... Ok nanites. I am claiming nanite injection, smart little buggers learn any mutations of the flu because this is high dollar flu shot.

While Im posting, another big thanks, and Atta boy/ good job everybody to the devs and everyone that worked on the release. Any plans on .D? Arggg no want the D jokes please. Maybe skip and go to E?
A punk is a smoldering stick used for lighting firework fuses, dynamite and other fused items. This makes it the source of raging fires and destruction, and the ignition of beautiful displays of pyrotechnics and many beneficial flames as well a pranksters tool.
hey.... whats that hissing sound.

Offline Crocobutt

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
My reaction to the changelog goodies: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=nKzKy7ysDvs

Thanks, guys, you keep making it better and better!

Offline xap

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
well....

0.C Traditional Chinese translation is completed....on transifex

wait for 0.D !

Offline Tineen

• NPC
    • View Profile
The rate of additions to the game is staggering, like to thank everyone who helps to make it happen :)
"First-world molotovs for first-world problems" - Granade.

Offline jdoy11

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
I am new to Cata DDA, but it seems that the PC cooper curses has missing npc dialogues. How can I fix it?
I wish I could just duct tape all my problems
- jdoy11