Author Topic: Please add ___ to the Wiki  (Read 4620 times)

Offline Noodles of Doom

• NPC
  • = Delicious =
    • View Profile
Re: Please add ___ to the Wiki
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2015, 12:51:17 AM »
The data seems to be correct but the links to the pages I've created are not working. Whenever I click one of those new links that I've added, they take me to the page creation page telling me that the page does not exist (even when it exists)
I fixed the links for ya :). Turns out the names were case sensitive, so I just had to set them all to lowercase.

Offline hexman

• NPC
  • no longer lurk here
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2015, 06:08:11 PM »
The data seems to be correct but the links to the pages I've created are not working. Whenever I click one of those new links that I've added, they take me to the page creation page telling me that the page does not exist (even when it exists)
I fixed the links for ya :). Turns out the names were case sensitive, so I just had to set them all to lowercase.

Thanks for the fix man, I never thought that they were case-sensitive.
"I've played since the eighties! I've seen more dungeons than Torquemada! I've killed more explorers than malaria! I've kicked in more doors than the LAPD and I've opened more chests than a M*A*S*H unit! Crom help me, I have ascended a Tourist." - Rob Balder (NetHack Parody Song)

Offline i2amroy

• Contributor
  • Survivor
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2015, 06:51:09 AM »
Incorrect values are a persisting problem so far. Thankfully there's an item-browser which draws its values directly from the source-code so no diving is needed. I guess values are not so important and even if they are, the item-browser's just for that. Well, some can correct those but a lot of time is needed but not much effort, as the item-browser is always up-to-date.
Seems like really what we need is to write up (or modify an existing) wiki-bot to automatically update the wiki values based on those in the source code (or if that's too difficult pull them from the item-browser, I don't have too much personal experience dealing with wiki-bots). That would ensure that both of them were always up to date.

Offline Noodles of Doom

• NPC
  • = Delicious =
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2015, 05:12:36 PM »
Seems like really what we need is to write up (or modify an existing) wiki-bot to automatically update the wiki values based on those in the source code (or if that's too difficult pull them from the item-browser, I don't have too much personal experience dealing with wiki-bots). That would ensure that both of them were always up to date.
There's a script which does this for the bash/cut armor, and I actually got around to (mostly) fixing :). Some armor values may be off by 0.5 (I don't know how to make the bot round down decimals), but for the most part items display mostly correct armor stats now.

Offline Soyweiser

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2015, 10:23:35 AM »
Where is this script?

And could it be updated to include all the item Id values? I updated the templates to include a link to the item browser.

What the wiki really needs is a DF like versioning system. So each page has a version: 0.C, 0.B, 0.A etc. thing at the top. (For releases in the future).

I'm looking into how much work that is.

But as nobody has edited the wiki apart from me the past 2 weeks I assume im alone on this.

Edit: have found the creator of the update bot. Have send him an email.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 10:37:34 PM by Soyweiser »
"Put me in charge and you'll have finished and polished game with hundreds more new features within two months." -- Lazycat
"Voker57 just was wondering about when did cata turn into contact lenses user simulator"

Offline Soyweiser

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2015, 11:29:12 PM »
Noticed these remarks. Now added to the correct templates on the wiki.
"Put me in charge and you'll have finished and polished game with hundreds more new features within two months." -- Lazycat
"Voker57 just was wondering about when did cata turn into contact lenses user simulator"

Offline Litppunk

• Survivor
  • Laughing at death: the answer to impossible
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2015, 03:13:15 PM »
yay my thread is usefull ^.^
Feeds both of grandpas wolves, and but doesn't let them fight; Then saves the car full of cash sells it and starts an orphanage, anti-railroad-tying shenanigans-organization and invests.

Offline Zireael

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2015, 04:31:55 PM »
Please add a guide on zombie upgrades.

Offline Soyweiser

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2016, 08:30:47 PM »
Please add a guide on zombie upgrades.

More an FYI for anybody reading this I made links to http://www.wiki.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?title=Evolve in some (dunno how many) pages. So if the guide about upgrades is made, fix the links to point to that one.