Poll

Do you like this mod?

Yes
Maybe
No

Author Topic: Extended Realistic Guns mod (mainline)  (Read 1788 times)

Offline BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Survivor
  • What could possibly go wrong....
    • View Profile
Extended Realistic Guns mod (mainline)
« on: December 03, 2016, 07:47:38 AM »
Extended Realistic Guns was co-created with DangerNoodle, after mugling requested the creation of a Realistic Gun mod to house my 10mm Auto Pull Request and DangerNoodle's .410 bore and .45 Long Colt Pull Request. It was expanded to include .357 Magnum cartridges plus modified coregame guns to shoot them; a new Saiga shotgun chambered for .410 and several gunmod improvements.

A list of features:

Ammo:

1. Beefed-up 10mm Auto cartridges. 10mm is now an ammo type; it can be loaded into the S&W 610. .40 S&W can be loaded into 10mm Auto firearms.

2. .45 Long Colt cartridges, and a Single Action Army to shoot them. The .45 Long Colt can also be fired from .454 Casull pistols and .some .410 shotguns.

3. .410 bore shotshells. These light shotshells can be fired from some .454 Casull pistols.

4. .357 Magnum. The S&W 619 and COP .357 can shoot it. Any .357 Magnum pistol can also shoot .38 Special.

5. This will change after the AF2011A1 is added, but for now .38 Super can be loaded into .38 Special and .357 Magnum firearms.

Guns

1. The mainline S&W 619, S&W 610, and COP .38 were modified to fire the new ammo types.

2. M6 ASW: a combination .22 LR/.410 firearm.

3. Colt Single Action Army: A famous blackpowder pistol of 19th century USA.

4. Colt Lightning .45: A .45 Long Colt pump-action rifle.

5. Bond Arms Derringer: A tiny pistol, capable of firing .410 and .45 Long Colt.

6. .410 youth shotgun: A durable single-shot shotgun.

7. .410 pipe shotgun: A craftable single-shot shotgun.

Mods

1. A new .410 conversion kit. You can convert any 7.62x39, .223, .308, and shotgun into a .410.

2. .22, .45 and 9mm gunmods support the new ammo.

Bandoliers were expanded to fit the cartridges

EDIT: corrected description of Lightning .45
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 08:51:19 PM by BorkBorkGoesTheCode »
The hollow earth and the Dyson sphere share an origin? Do some research

Offline ApatheticExcuse

• Survivor
  • Waiting for the tide to get low
    • View Profile
Re: Extended Realistic Guns mod (mainline)
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2016, 06:14:46 PM »
Looks good. Nice to see most calibres are set up along IRL lines.

Two things I'd mention though:

.38 Super runs at around 1000 PSI above what .357 does, and the bullet is a different diameter (about a thou smaller). IRL, this matters somewhat. I don't know whether it should or not in game, but I thought I'd mention it. What does matter a bit more is that .38 Super will only fit into .357s under very specific conditions - the .38 brass has to be at the "skinny" end of it's tolerance, and the chamber has to be loose. I tried this on two seperate pistols I own, and could fit it into neither, but know anecdotally that it works *sometimes*.

If the slight unrealistic-ness of it does matter, please fix the .270-.30-06 thing first, because that's just horrible. :P

1. A new .410 conversion kit. You can convert any 7.62x39, .223, .308, and shotgun into a .410.

I don't understand how that works with a semblance of realism, personally.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 06:31:00 PM by ApatheticExcuse »
Sometimes I think I'd have an easier time surviving Cataclysm IRL than in game.

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2016, 01:11:56 PM »
Looks good. Nice to see most calibres are set up along IRL lines.

Two things I'd mention though:

.38 Super runs at around 1000 PSI above what .357 does, and the bullet is a different diameter (about a thou smaller). IRL, this matters somewhat. I don't know whether it should or not in game, but I thought I'd mention it. What does matter a bit more is that .38 Super will only fit into .357s under very specific conditions - the .38 brass has to be at the "skinny" end of it's tolerance, and the chamber has to be loose. I tried this on two seperate pistols I own, and could fit it into neither, but know anecdotally that it works *sometimes*.

If the slight unrealistic-ness of it does matter, please fix the .270-.30-06 thing first, because that's just horrible. :P

.38 Super is half finished at present. I didn't add special guns for it.

I don't understand how that works with a semblance of realism, personally.

The conversion kit system isn't really realistic at present; all of the kits act like enchantments of caliber conversion.

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2016, 01:34:56 AM »
Upcoming update: M1991 pistol chambered in .38 Super, and a AF2011A1 double-barrel semiautomatic pistol in .38 Super.

Offline Gunsmith

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2016, 10:25:30 PM »
There can never be too much guns. The more guns the better! Keep up the good work!

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2017, 07:11:31 AM »
In case you are wondering the Base Barrel Length for the 357 Magnum in this mod here is 4 inches. Also the .38 Super cannot be loaded into .38 Special anymore.

Offline NuG

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2017, 04:07:06 PM »
Thanks for this, I can now role play 9 year old IRL version of me with my .410 youth shotgun(I shot many of my first animal with that thing) thanks to this mod XD.

Offline DeWolf

• Survivor
  • STAY AWAY FROM MY PRETZELS
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2017, 03:28:49 AM »
I am guessing that the .410 bore conversion is meant for other shotguns and weapons with internal magazines as 1 time I used it on an akm to try and make an automatic shotgun.

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2017, 01:11:23 PM »
That would be caused by a lack of magazine overrides for the AKM. I'll need to create an override with this to get it to work

Code: [Select]
      [ "410", [ "saiga10mag_410", "saiga30mag_410" ] ]