Author Topic: Dude Manrod, survivalist extraordinaire  (Read 1190 times)

Offline Nopkar

• Survivor
  • Because there are worse things than Death
    • View Profile
Dude Manrod, survivalist extraordinaire
« on: April 23, 2013, 10:48:20 AM »
Day One:

well, seems I'm on my own. luckily there were a few supplies downstairs in the evac shelter. I grabbed the backpack, a few bags of chips and I put on the boots some poor survivor before me lost. I recall seeing a small town to the north of this evac shelter, better skirt the edges, no telling whats in there. I need water though, the wildlife nearby will supply my food.

Day Three:

Shit. Yesterday was hell. After another foray into town a behemoth chased me out of town. What the hell were those scientists doing? damn thing was a locomotive of destruction, crushing it's own allies in its rage to get to me.

My javelins barely scratched the thing. I got it tangled in the forest and drug out my trusty machete. after 20 minutes of swinging, this thing finally dropped. I wasn't in any superb condition myself and the surrounding wildlife could smell it.

2 hours home and there was a forest between me and a sweet, soft bed. The forest wasn't going to let me go easily.

a pack of wolves ambushed me as I left the Hulking carcass. they fell easily enough, it was the cougars that gave me problems. always just out of reach, always striking from cover.

If they weren't bad enough, there was a spider web just west of the path I was taking. it was risky but the fastest way home. Badly hurt, I was slowing down, bad timing. I pushed as hard as I could but a wolfspider got curious and decided to investigate.

My javelins found home this time. *crunch*, one pierced the things face, dropping it. Those things are armored, better grab the shell on the way back.

After getting home it still wasn't peachy...water was low, I was too injured to brave the bear infested woods outside for food. went hungry last night.

I feel better today. There's a road to the south, I might try that instead of the town. They don't like visitors.

Offline Nopkar

• Survivor
  • Because there are worse things than Death
    • View Profile
Re: Dude Manrod, survivalist extraordinaire
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 12:37:33 PM »
Day 5:

Back at the evac shelter. arrived sometime in the early hours of morning just before sunrise.

I found a group of military personnel near the road in a field. Poor fellows, didn't even see what was coming after them. I was in the process of looting their bodies (they didn't need the equipment anymore) when what I suppose were their killers showed up.

Worms, big ones, and a bunch of em. I barely made it back to the blacktop. I grabbed a few essentials, MRE's, water, change of clothes. I even found a TAC 9 and some ammo for it. Not like I'd readily use it but if one of those Hulks show up it might be of some use.

Must have been a hour of two or walking, those worms followed me for another 20 minutes or so but lost interest, I found a locked up lab. I had no clue how to use the front computer so I just marked it on this paper i've been using as a map, I'll be back later.

Winding through the forests I came upon a beehive that straddled the roadway. Decided that was far enough so it took me all day to get back to the lab.

Slept out front, bad Idea I suppose, I awoke to these plant things swarming me near dawn. I cut down maybe 2 dozen of these blasted things, heading north as fast as I could.

going was slow on the way back to the evac shelter. Bears were swarming from the woods, probably running from those plant things. That's alright with me though, Im always in need of more fur.

One bear in particular I decided to fight in close combat. My new combat knife made short work of him, barely scratched my kevlar.

I've got quite a bit of work cut out for me over the next few days with some chores around the shelter...